Friday, August 5, 2011

I shoulda known....

By now most of you are still in shock over this news. But Baby Carney is coming!


I should have known I'd get pregnant since I promised everyone that I didn't want a child. However, I am guilty of getting off birth control at the beginning of 2010. What can I say? Marriage with Tom changed my mind.

Last week, the cramps and acid-reflux started. The missed period wasn't enough to convince me, but these symptoms were! August 1st, I bought a home pregnancy test to verify. Amazingly, two days later I got an appointment with my OBGYN and had a long talk with her about what to do next. She got me in for an ultrasound, and that told me that I was almost 5 weeks in.

So here I am, a bit unconvinced that I'm really doing this, yet at the same time, my mind is reeling over the huge life changes to come. Excited and scared.

2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness! I am SO excited for you guys!!! Feel free to email me if you have any questions. So excited to follow your journey through mother hood!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations, Amy & Tom!! Excited for you!
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete